Saturday, December 31, 2011

DECEMBER!!! the last month of Christmas!

December!
its just like me to get behind in my blogging. 
but here is the completion of my 12 months of 
christmas blog. 

december...always a good month.
lots of food, cookies, parties, friends, family...
here are some of the cool places,things,events etc..
in no particular order, here are some things that happened
this month

philly
the reading terminal market.
i'm assuming this is where we get reading railroad?
monopoly...

its also where i had my first and only legit philly cheese!
christmas!
merry christmas!

this year i spent christmas a
million miles from family, but was blessed
with a great family to spend it with.
proof. God provides.
merry christmas from leah! this was my christmas
present from my lovely sis! made from pics taken
in atown and mounted on atown barn wood.
pretty sick huh?
merry christmas from me! and a happy new year!
while out shopping for my new christmas
party costume, i decided to swing into
a music store...i walked out with this. i decided
it would be my christmas present to myself
and also my new years resolution!

so far, its been awesome!
i love it 
ribs. im a little biased, but i happen to think these
are as good as they come. homemade marinade.
homemade bbq sauce... this particular
batch was used to treat the staff on my floor
and a few particularly cool patients to a homemade
christmas meal. crockpotted and grilled on the
george foreman at work.

i'm pretty sure this stunt made legendary status for
nate, nate, and i at work.

people i don't even know were asking about them
a week later.

back to nov for a crucial memory
so this is actually a recap of a november happening.
this thanksgiving i flew down to a-ville to run the annual
turkey trot. this is the only picture i have but leah, becky
lara, mers, noah, and i all ran this year. my trip down was
very short, but we got a good deal of eating, some good
hangin out, and a 5k done!  
december....this year was pretty stellar. it had its ups and down and i am happy for both. it was a year of a lot of change. this time last year i was in utah. since then, drove across country, spent enough time in texas to fall in love, (with the state) and continued on till i settled in rockville MD. along the way i hit fort collins co, austin tx, san antonio tx, dallas tx, new orleans la, fort campbell ky, asheville nc, leesburg va, and dc. i was part of the last class of nurses that was stationed at walter reed prior to its BRAC (base realignment and closure), i saw the merge of walter reed army medical center and national naval center. but the better than all that was the blessing of people. I think God has given me a love for people and the uniqueness of every one of them and how they each change your life. i know thanksgiving is past, but i want to say thanks for all of you who were part of my year, and who are a part of my life! God's really blessed me with you all. all in all, 2011 was pretty rad. i have made some great friends and great memories along the way and i can't wait to see what 2012 brings!

thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Do you by a "new Christmas party costume" every year??? What exactly do you dress-up as on Christmas???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so this is a month late or so, but i have only dressed up once and it was this year. i was linus from charlie brown

      Delete